The Pink Palace has been welcoming the rich and famous to St. Pete each since 1928. Its name originated from Don Ce-Sar in Vincent Wallace’s opera Maritana. The Don Cesar has seen it’s fair shares of ups and downs. During WWII the US Army seized the hotel and used it as a hospital. By the 1960’s it had badly deteriorated until the early 1970s. Throughout the seventies, it was restored to its original elegance and has maintained its grand stature ever since.